Brought to you by EurekaSprings.com
UPDATED FOR 2018! – This post was originally written in 2012 and remains one of our most popular – and for a good reason! Eureka Springs, Arkanss is the perfect romantic Ozark Mountain getaway!
February is celebrated with Valentine’s Day but that doesn’t mean you can’t do something romantic anytime. One of the most romantic places is Eureka Springs.
Here is a list of TOP TEN romantic things to do.
1. Watch Eagles Soar. Open waters and high bluffs of the lakes and rivers make it the perfect home eagles. Check out beautiful Beaver Lake, Arkansas. It is your best bet to spot one of these majestic birds.
2. Run or walk Eureka Springs trails together. Eureka Springs is nestled in the Ozark Mountains and surrounded by parks and trails that range from easy to challenging. While you walk, marvel at the stonework and intricate gingerbread ornamenting Eureka Springs’ historic architecture, spot interesting moss covered rock formations and discover hidden springs and waterfalls.
3. Take a scenic drive with your sweetheart along the Arkansas Art Trail. Find other great outdoor trails in the Greater Eureka Springs Region. If you and your sweetie like to roll on two wheels, check out our Motorcycle Maps!
4. Relax and enjoy Eureka Springs’ Destination Spas. Discover why couples getaway to Eureka Springs for spa vacations. Eureka Springs Spas are known for being world-class. No romantic getaway is complete without it!
5. Dance the night away at St. Liz Cajun King Cake Balll on February 13th. The grand finale of the 2018 Eureka Gras celebration, the annual St. Liz Cajun King Cake Ball is the place to be. The public is invited to join in this celebratory event which will feature live music, dancing and “the largest King Cake in Arkansas!”
6. Find inspiration at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. Just a short drive away in Bentonville, Arkansas is the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. Crystal Bridges’ permanent collection spans five centuries of American masterworks ranging from the Colonial era to the current day. Best of all, admission to view the permanent collections is FREE.
7. Snuggle up in a Cozy Cabin. When winter sets in and the temperatures drop, there’s only one thing to do — curl up in the warmth of a cozy Ozark mountain cabin.
8. Get Tipsy at the Jazz Champagne Brunch. Enjoy fine dining at the Jazz Champagne Brunch in the Crystal Dining Room at the world famous Crescent Hotel. Feast on food, fun, music, and join in on the 2nd line dance.
9. Pamper your self at a B&B. Eureka Springs is home to a wide variety of Bed and Breakfasts. You are sure to find just the spot for your romantic Getaway.
10. Say “I LOVE YOU” with Chocolate. What says romance better than chocolate? Attend the Eureka Springs Chocolate Lover’s Festival. See the Official Calendar of Events for times and dates.